MADISON, Wis. - Madison Police released a sketch that may resemble the man who allegedly attacked and sexually assaulted a women Sunday night.
Madison police said the attack happened at 11 p.m. in the 2200 block of Winnebago Street as the 23-year-old victim was running in the area.
The attacker was described as black man 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet tall, weighing 160-180 pounds with a slender build and short hair. He was wearing a black sleeveless T-shirt and athletic shorts. Police said he is wanted for first degree sexual assault.
Police said the victim suffered head injuries and was taken to a hospital.
Officials ask anyone with information about the assault to contact Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash