MADISON, Wis. - Madison Police released a sketch that may resemble the man who allegedly attacked and sexually assaulted a women Sunday night.
Madison police said the attack happened at 11 p.m. in the 2200 block of Winnebago Street as the 23-year-old victim was running in the area.
The attacker was described as black man 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet tall, weighing 160-180 pounds with a slender build and short hair. He was wearing a black sleeveless T-shirt and athletic shorts. Police said he is wanted for first degree sexual assault.
Police said the victim suffered head injuries and was taken to a hospital.
Officials ask anyone with information about the assault to contact Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says