MILTON, Wis. - A sixth home has been struck by copper thieves in Milton since January, according to Milton police.
Police were called to a home in the 1100 block of Arthur Drive at 9:30 p.m. on Sunday for a report of a burglary. Investigators said the burglary is believed to have occurred within the last two weeks.
The burglars forced their way into the vacant home through a garage window and took copper tubing.
Police are asking residents to report suspicious activity, especially at vacant properties.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Milton Police Department at 608-757-2244 or Janesville Area Crimestoppers at 756-3636.
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two