MILTON, Wis. - A sixth home has been struck by copper thieves in Milton since January, according to Milton police.
Police were called to a home in the 1100 block of Arthur Drive at 9:30 p.m. on Sunday for a report of a burglary. Investigators said the burglary is believed to have occurred within the last two weeks.
The burglars forced their way into the vacant home through a garage window and took copper tubing.
Police are asking residents to report suspicious activity, especially at vacant properties.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Milton Police Department at 608-757-2244 or Janesville Area Crimestoppers at 756-3636.
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed