MILTON, Wis. - A sixth home has been struck by copper thieves in Milton since January, according to Milton police.
Police were called to a home in the 1100 block of Arthur Drive at 9:30 p.m. on Sunday for a report of a burglary. Investigators said the burglary is believed to have occurred within the last two weeks.
The burglars forced their way into the vacant home through a garage window and took copper tubing.
Police are asking residents to report suspicious activity, especially at vacant properties.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Milton Police Department at 608-757-2244 or Janesville Area Crimestoppers at 756-3636.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend