FITCHBURG, Wis. - Early Saturday, officers responded to two similar shots-fired calls located about three miles apart. The incidents are not related, police said.
At approximately 12:25 a.m., Fitchburg police responded to the 2800 block of Fish Hatchery Road for a report of shots fired. Officers found numerous shell casings at the scene and three buildings that were struck by bullets but no injuries were reported.
At 3:36 a.m. -- about three hours later and three miles west -- Fitchburg police responded to the intersection of Raymond and Westchester roads for a similar report.
No damage or injuries were reported, but officers located numerous shell casings at the scene, according to the report.
Based on the initial investigation, police said it does not appear that the Raymond and Westchester intersection incident and the incident on Fish Hatchery are related.
Police asked anyone with information to call the Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 266-6014 or the Fitchburg Police Department at 270-4300.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry