WHITEWATER, Wis. - Four people were arrested after an investigation into a shots fired call at an apartment building near the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater campus, according to a release from Whitewater police.
Officers were called to University Garden Apartments at 370 North Tratt St. just after 4 a.m. Friday for a report of a fight in a hallway that led to a shot being fired.
Two of the four arrested were stopped on Highway 12 and a gun was recovered from the vehicle, police said.
Four people were arrested on suspicion of charges that include first-degree recklessly endangering safety, party of a crime of first-degree recklessly endangering safety, disorderly conduct while armed and party to a crime of disorderly conduct while armed. More charges are possible, according to Whitewater police.
Police said the shooting was not random and was the result of a dispute that started earlier.
UW-Whitewater Police and the Walworth County Sheriff's Office assisted in the investigation.27031634
- Victim of Highway 51 crash ID'd as Wisconsin Dells man
- Once-thriving Midwest delivery company closes it doors
- State superintendent candidate sent campaign email from schools account
- Sun Prairie pilot unhurt after plane slides off runway at Waukesha airport
- Counseling program for gun violence expands in Milwaukee
- Madison mayor proposes task force to encourage hip-hop scene