FORT ATKINSON, Wis. - A woman was taken into custody after a standoff at a home in Fort Atkinson in which a shot was fired inside the home, according to a release from Fort Atkinson police.
Police were called to the home in the 400 block of Foster Street at 7:06 p.m. for a report of a disorderly woman who was becoming violent. Police said that when officers arrived the woman retreated into the home with a long gun.
The woman called police and threatened to come downstairs and shoot police officers, according to the report. Police said that 10 minutes later a gunshot was heard coming from the area of the home the woman had retreated to.
The woman called police again and warned them to stay back.
Police took the woman into protective custody at 12:52 a.m.
The Jefferson County Tactical Squad, Jefferson County Sheriff's Office, Ryan Brothers Ambulance, Fort Atkinson Fire Department and Jefferson County Emergency Communications assisted police.
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say