MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said the man injured in a shooting Wednesday isn't cooperating with officers investigating the murder of his wife.
Police said they believe two men entered a home in the 700 block of North Thompson Drive Wednesday just before 8 p.m. A 25-year-old woman was shot and killed, and her 34-year-old husband suffered numerous gunshot wounds and was taken to a hospital, according to police. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
No motive for the homicide has been established.
There were three young children, all under the age of 7, in the home at the time of the shootings, according to police.
"There were three children in the house," said Joel DeSpain, Madison police public information officer. "Their mother was shot and killed. Their father was shot numerous times."
Police say the case is a homicide and attempted homicide.3 children in home during the shooting
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes