MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said the man injured in a shooting Wednesday isn't cooperating with officers investigating the murder of his wife.
Police said they believe two men entered a home in the 700 block of North Thompson Drive Wednesday just before 8 p.m. A 25-year-old woman was shot and killed, and her 34-year-old husband suffered numerous gunshot wounds and was taken to a hospital, according to police. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
No motive for the homicide has been established.
There were three young children, all under the age of 7, in the home at the time of the shootings, according to police.
"There were three children in the house," said Joel DeSpain, Madison police public information officer. "Their mother was shot and killed. Their father was shot numerous times."
Police say the case is a homicide and attempted homicide.3 children in home during the shooting
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say