HOWARD, Wis. - A woman is in custody and a man is dead after a shooting in Howard in northeastern Wisconsin.
Brown County sheriff's deputies were called to an apartment complex around 4:15 a.m. Saturday. Capt. David Konrath says the woman told 911 she had shot the man during a disturbance. He says the two had been involved in a relationship.
Konrath tells Press-Gazette Media the department will recommend charges of second-degree intentional homicide.
The victim's name was not immediately released. Investigators said they had no prior reports of domestic incidents involving the couple.
Authorities say they plan to release more information Monday.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns