TOWN OF THERESA, Wis. - A bicyclist was injured when he was struck by a car in Dodge County Friday night, an official said.
The Dodge County Sheriff's Office said deputies responded at 8:07 p.m. to a report of a car versus bicycle crash on Highway 175 north of Meridian Road in the town of Theresa.
Preliminary investigation shows that Kyle J. Dais, 25, of Fond Du Lac, was headed north on Highway 175 on a mountain bike equipped with a front and rear light. Dais was struck by a car that continued north on Highway 175 without stopping to check for injuries or reporting the crash. Dais was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Vehicle parts found at the scene indicated the offending vehicle is a 1999-2001 Buick Century with damage to the passenger side, according to the report. The vehicle should be missing the passenger side mirror and may have other damage consistent with hitting a person on a bicycle. The sheriff's office is requesting any information on vehicles that match the description above.
The crash remains under investigation by the Dodge County Crash Investigation Team.
- Best of Madison 2017
- Fate of the historic Monterey Dam is still up for discussion
- Taking time off, staying close to home is beneficial to work, life, expert says
- DCHS partners with other shelters to rescue 49 dogs from former breeder
- Delays expected on Beltline during daytime lane closures, DOT says
- Police find shell casings, property damage on west side