HUDSON, Wis. - An off-duty sheriff's commander has been shot while scouting a hunting spot in St. Croix County.
Sheriff's officials in Washington Co., Minn., said Cmdr. Jerry Cusick was shot once with a long-barreled shotgun in the town of Somerset Tuesday about 7:30 a.m. by another hunter.
The St. Paul Pioneer Press reported Cusick was taken to Regions Hospital in St. Paul, Minn., where he is in good condition. Sheriff Bill Hutton said Cusick was not armed when he was shot.
The shooting is under investigation.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart