GRANT COUNTY, Wis. - Two teenagers have been arrested after being accused of throwing water balloons from a moving car.
Tyler C. Timmerman and Michael J.T. Fitzgerald, both 18, were arrested by Grant County deputies and charged with criminal damage to property and reckless endangering safety, according to a release.
The sheriff's office was alerted to the incidents Tuesday, after multiple calls of vehicles being damaged by items thrown from a passing vehicle on Highway 11 in Jamestown and Hazel Green Township, according to the release.
Two passenger vehicles and a semitrailer received cracked windshields Several pedestrians also said they had items thrown at them, although none were struck.
A deputy attempted to stop the two men in their vehicle but the suspects were throwing items from the car, according to the release. The vehicle stopped and it was determined Timmerman and Fitzgerald had been throwing water balloons.
The sheriff's office determined over 80 balloons were thrown between highway 11 and Highway 151 in Hazel Green Township. The two suspects were taken to Grant County Jail after the incident.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street