GREEN BAY, Wis. - Authorities said speed seems to be a major factor in a motorcycle crash that claimed the life of one man.
The Brown County Sheriff's Department says the accident happened about 11:30 Friday night on U.S. Highway 41 in the village of Howard. The crash happened when the motorcyclist hit a concrete barrier. He was thrown from his bike, then apparently struck by several vehicles.
Officials say the man was seen traveling at a high rate of speed just before the crash.
No one else was injured. A portion of Highway 41 was shut down for about five hours.
The man's name hasn't been released.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK