GREEN BAY, Wis. - Authorities said speed seems to be a major factor in a motorcycle crash that claimed the life of one man.
The Brown County Sheriff's Department says the accident happened about 11:30 Friday night on U.S. Highway 41 in the village of Howard. The crash happened when the motorcyclist hit a concrete barrier. He was thrown from his bike, then apparently struck by several vehicles.
Officials say the man was seen traveling at a high rate of speed just before the crash.
No one else was injured. A portion of Highway 41 was shut down for about five hours.
The man's name hasn't been released.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs