ELKHORN, Wis. - The Walworth County Sheriff's Office announced Tuesday a registered sex offender will be moving to an assisted living facility in Elkhorn.
William G. Pounder, 93, was convicted of repeated sexual assault of a child in 2005 and second-degree sexual assault of a child in 2002, according to a release.
Pounder is scheduled to be released from prison Aug. 19, and will be moving into the Just Like Home Assisted Living Facility at W5140 County Road A in Elkhorn, officials said.
Pounder will be under supervision of the Department of Corrections, and as part of his supervision he will be subject to 24-hour enhance electronic monitoring with the use of GPS technology, according to the release. Some of Pounder's rules of supervision include not to have unsupervised contact with minors; not to enter any taverns, bars or liquor stores; and not to consume any alcohol or illegal drugs.
If anyone has information of Pounder engaging in illegal activity or is in violation of his rules of supervision, they are asked to contact the Walworth County Sheriff's Office at 262-741-4400 or the Division of Community Corrections at 262-741-6360.
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Eau Claire TV station owner sues over duo's on-air prank
- Alcohol use among senior citizens on the rise
- Door County trees chomped by invasive bugs
- Women accused of attacking 17-year-old girl at Memorial High School
- Toxic gas released in Kenosha County truck crash