TOWN OF ALBION, Wis. - A semitrailer fire caused more than $600,000 in damage in the town of Albion Monday night, according to a release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Around 7:05 p.m. Dane County sheriff's deputies and fire departments from Edgerton, Stoughton, Fitchburg Cambridge and Deerfield were dispatched to reports of a structure fire at CHS Transportation Company at 524 Highway 73, officials said.
The fire originated in the engine compartment of a semitrailer that was inside the building and scheduled to undergo routine maintenance, according to the release. The semitrailer is valued at approximately $110,000 and is considered a complete loss.
The fire is not considered suspicious, deputies said. No injuries were reported in the fire.
The building the semitrailer was in suffered extensive damage from smoke and damage to its electrical system, according to the release. The estimated value of the property damage is $500,000.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire