TOWN OF TROY, Wis. - The Sauk County Sheriff's Department released the name of the driver involved in the single-vehicle fatal crash on Highway 60 north of Mazomanie early Sunday morning.
Around 2:30 a.m. on Sunday, Sauk County emergency crews were dispatched to reports of a rollover crash on Highway 60 approximately two-tenths of a mile west of Cassel Road in the town of Troy, officials said.
Investigators said a pickup truck was traveling eastbound on Highway 60 when the operator, Daren M. Kamrath, 27, of Sauk City, lost control while negotiating a curve and overcorrected, causing the truck to overturn multiple times.
Kamrath, who was the only occupant, was partially ejected from the truck, and was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the release.
Kamrath was not wearing a seat belt, and alcohol does appear to be a factor in the crash, deputies said.Highway 60, just west of Cassel Road
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry