TOWN OF TROY, Wis. - The Sauk County Sheriff's Department released the name of the driver involved in the single-vehicle fatal crash on Highway 60 north of Mazomanie early Sunday morning.
Around 2:30 a.m. on Sunday, Sauk County emergency crews were dispatched to reports of a rollover crash on Highway 60 approximately two-tenths of a mile west of Cassel Road in the town of Troy, officials said.
Investigators said a pickup truck was traveling eastbound on Highway 60 when the operator, Daren M. Kamrath, 27, of Sauk City, lost control while negotiating a curve and overcorrected, causing the truck to overturn multiple times.
Kamrath, who was the only occupant, was partially ejected from the truck, and was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the release.
Kamrath was not wearing a seat belt, and alcohol does appear to be a factor in the crash, deputies said.Highway 60, just west of Cassel Road
- Janesville police investigate first homicide since 2014
- Study shows Wisconsin poverty rate reached new low in 2015
- Jerry Kramer joins honor flight trip to help Vietnam veterans
- Brat Fest carnival to close early Sunday after late night fights
- Car rolls over into residential home's front lawn
- Fort Atkinson man arrested for sixth OWI