TOWN OF DELTON, Wis. - A 31-year-old who was walking down County Road BD early Sunday morning was hit and killed by a vehicle, Sauk County officials said.
Around 3:30 a.m. Sauk County sheriff's deputies were notified of a vehicle versus pedestrian crash on County Road BD at Penny Lane in the township of Delton, according to a release.
Emergency crews found Dennis R. Boelter, 31, of Montello, lying in the roadway, deputies said. Boelter was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators said Boelter was walking south on County Road BD in the lane of traffic when he was hit by a vehicle being driven by Pamela A. Berry, 49, of Reedsburg, that was also going south on County Road BD.
Deputies said alcohol does not appear to be a factor with the driver of the vehicle. Berry and her passenger were not injured in the crash.
- Wisconsin faces construction worker shortage as home building projects increase
- Prosecutor says no water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom
- Madison police find bullet in apartment on Russett Road