TOWN OF DELTON, Wis. - A 31-year-old who was walking down County Road BD early Sunday morning was hit and killed by a vehicle, Sauk County officials said.
Around 3:30 a.m. Sauk County sheriff's deputies were notified of a vehicle versus pedestrian crash on County Road BD at Penny Lane in the township of Delton, according to a release.
Emergency crews found Dennis R. Boelter, 31, of Montello, lying in the roadway, deputies said. Boelter was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators said Boelter was walking south on County Road BD in the lane of traffic when he was hit by a vehicle being driven by Pamela A. Berry, 49, of Reedsburg, that was also going south on County Road BD.
Deputies said alcohol does not appear to be a factor with the driver of the vehicle. Berry and her passenger were not injured in the crash.
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal