TOWN OF SUPERIOR, Wis. - Authorities say a man was accidentally shot and killed by his hunting partner in Douglas County.
Sheriff's officials say the shooting happened about 5 p.m. Monday in the town of Superior -- a few miles east of the Wisconsin-Minnesota border.
Deputies and fire and rescue personnel used machinery to cut brush and an all-terrain vehicle to get access to the victim in the woods.
WDIO-TV reported the victim was pronounced dead at the scene. Identities have not been released.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to fourth OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street