MADISON, Wis. - A 23-year-old was hospitalized with internal injuries he suffered in a crash while driving impaired Saturday morning, according to the sheriff's department.
The Rock County Sheriff's Department said Christopher Groleau, of South Beloit, Ill., was driving east on Stateline Road between Gateway Drive and Willowbrook Road at about 7:57 a.m. when he lost control of his Chevrolet Cobal. The car slid backward and struck a tree.
Groleau had to be extricated from the car and was taken to Mercy Hospital, according to a report.
The sheriff's department said Groleau was cited on suspicion of operating while intoxicated, driving too fast for conditions and not wearing a seat belt.
Groleau has internal injures and was listed as "guarded" at the hospital, according to the report.
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash