MADISON, Wis. - A 23-year-old was hospitalized with internal injuries he suffered in a crash while driving impaired Saturday morning, according to the sheriff's department.
The Rock County Sheriff's Department said Christopher Groleau, of South Beloit, Ill., was driving east on Stateline Road between Gateway Drive and Willowbrook Road at about 7:57 a.m. when he lost control of his Chevrolet Cobal. The car slid backward and struck a tree.
Groleau had to be extricated from the car and was taken to Mercy Hospital, according to a report.
The sheriff's department said Groleau was cited on suspicion of operating while intoxicated, driving too fast for conditions and not wearing a seat belt.
Groleau has internal injures and was listed as "guarded" at the hospital, according to the report.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street