SPARTA, Wis. - Authorities in western Wisconsin have released the name of a woman whose body was found in a burning car last month.
Monroe County Sheriff Pete Quirin said the woman was 33-year-old Karen Koca of New Lisbon.
Quirin said the Wisconsin State Crime Laboratory used DNA analysis to identify Koca. The cause of death has yet to be determined.
The burning car was discovered Sept. 18 north of Norwalk. Investigators have determined the victim was not the owner of the 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix with Minnesota license plates.
Authorities are treating the death as a homicide.
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- State schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Shell casings found after gunshots heard in Fitchburg
- Madison police investigate attempted homicide
- Hotel Week attracts visitors and locals
- City clerk expects higher voter turnout for spring primary election than recent years