SPARTA, Wis. - Authorities in western Wisconsin have released the name of a woman whose body was found in a burning car last month.
Monroe County Sheriff Pete Quirin said the woman was 33-year-old Karen Koca of New Lisbon.
Quirin said the Wisconsin State Crime Laboratory used DNA analysis to identify Koca. The cause of death has yet to be determined.
The burning car was discovered Sept. 18 north of Norwalk. Investigators have determined the victim was not the owner of the 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix with Minnesota license plates.
Authorities are treating the death as a homicide.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend