SPARTA, Wis. - Authorities in western Wisconsin have released the name of a woman whose body was found in a burning car last month.
Monroe County Sheriff Pete Quirin said the woman was 33-year-old Karen Koca of New Lisbon.
Quirin said the Wisconsin State Crime Laboratory used DNA analysis to identify Koca. The cause of death has yet to be determined.
The burning car was discovered Sept. 18 north of Norwalk. Investigators have determined the victim was not the owner of the 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix with Minnesota license plates.
Authorities are treating the death as a homicide.
- 2 men survive capsized boat wreck with only scrapes, sheriff says
- Debit card fraud reports lead police to skimmer in Richland County
- Fire burns rooms, displaces 2 families at Country Squire Inn in Wisconsin Dells
- N. Butler St. homicide: PD seeks owner, info on recovered Trek bike
- State AG: Constitutional carry bill seems reasonable
- Unemployment rises or holds steady in Wisconsin cities