SPARTA, Wis. - Authorities in western Wisconsin have released the name of a woman whose body was found in a burning car last month.
Monroe County Sheriff Pete Quirin said the woman was 33-year-old Karen Koca of New Lisbon.
Quirin said the Wisconsin State Crime Laboratory used DNA analysis to identify Koca. The cause of death has yet to be determined.
The burning car was discovered Sept. 18 north of Norwalk. Investigators have determined the victim was not the owner of the 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix with Minnesota license plates.
Authorities are treating the death as a homicide.
- Criminal charges being considered against student who posted threatening picture
- Former village employee arrested on water meter tampering, theft charges
- MPD: Car hit with gunfire, no injuries reported in west side shooting
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Darlington officer spooks masked men, thwarts theft of UTV, police say
- Milwaukee man charged in Appleton police shooting incident