MADISON, Wis. - An Dane County inmate is facing additional charges after officials said he attacked another inmate Wednesday.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office said 34-year-old Brandon Christian was taken to the hospital with significant but non-life-threatening injuries.
According to the report, 22-year-old Kyle Trace, of Sun Prairie, fought with Christian in cellblock 619 of the City-County Building at about 8:30 p.m., seriously injuring him.
Trace faces a tentative charge of battery by a prisoner.
The sheriff's office said deputies are continuing to investigate the incident.
Additional inmates could face disciplinary action, officials said.
- Hotel Week attracts visitors and locals
- City clerk expects higher voter turnout for spring primary election than recent years
- UW program helps local cheesemaker make Best of Show cheese
- Fires at 2 separate houses cause combined $330K in damage, officials say
- Secrecy of $1M settlement questioned
- Warmer temperatures pose risk to apple farmers, plants