MADISON, Wis. - An Dane County inmate is facing additional charges after officials said he attacked another inmate Wednesday.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office said 34-year-old Brandon Christian was taken to the hospital with significant but non-life-threatening injuries.
According to the report, 22-year-old Kyle Trace, of Sun Prairie, fought with Christian in cellblock 619 of the City-County Building at about 8:30 p.m., seriously injuring him.
Trace faces a tentative charge of battery by a prisoner.
The sheriff's office said deputies are continuing to investigate the incident.
Additional inmates could face disciplinary action, officials said.
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers