MADISON, Wis. - An Dane County inmate is facing additional charges after officials said he attacked another inmate Wednesday.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office said 34-year-old Brandon Christian was taken to the hospital with significant but non-life-threatening injuries.
According to the report, 22-year-old Kyle Trace, of Sun Prairie, fought with Christian in cellblock 619 of the City-County Building at about 8:30 p.m., seriously injuring him.
Trace faces a tentative charge of battery by a prisoner.
The sheriff's office said deputies are continuing to investigate the incident.
Additional inmates could face disciplinary action, officials said.
- Study shows Wisconsin poverty rate reached new low in 2015
- Jerry Kramer joins honor flight trip to help Vietnam veterans
- Brat Fest carnival to close early Sunday after late night fights
- Car rolls over into residential home's front lawn
- Janesville police investigate first homicide since 2014
- Fort Atkinson man arrested for sixth OWI