SHEBOYGAN, Wis. - Two 13-year-old Sheboygan boys will stand trial for allegedly killing and robbing one of the boy's great grandmother.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Tuesday afternoon.
Earlier Tuesday, a judge denied a motion from defense attorneys to delay the hearing. Attorneys argued they didn't receive access to all the state's evidence but the judge ruled state law doesn't require it before the hearing.
Prosecutors allege the boys used a hatchet and hammer to kill 78-year-old Barbara Olson at her home on Sept. 17 before stealing jewelry and a car. Her daughter discovered her body in the garage two days later. The boys are charged as adults.
One boy's attorney, George Limbeck, told The Sheboygan Press he will push to have the case sent to juvenile court.
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two