SHEBOYGAN, Wis. - Sheboygan police have released more information about a weekend stabbing that left a 41-year-old man dead.
Police identified the victim Monday as Nicholas J. Lehrke. Officers who responded to a disturbance Saturday afternoon said Lehrke was stabbed in the back. He was taken to a hospital, where he died.
Police arrested a 21-year-old Oshkosh man on suspicion of second-degree reckless homicide. He was taken into custody at the scene without incident.
Investigators said Lehrke lived in the same building as a friend of the suspect. They said Lehrke and the friend were fighting outside the building when the suspect stepped in and stabbed Lehrke.
Officers said alcohol may have played a role in the overall altercation.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land