SHEBOYGAN, Wis. - Sheboygan police have released more information about a weekend stabbing that left a 41-year-old man dead.
Police identified the victim Monday as Nicholas J. Lehrke. Officers who responded to a disturbance Saturday afternoon said Lehrke was stabbed in the back. He was taken to a hospital, where he died.
Police arrested a 21-year-old Oshkosh man on suspicion of second-degree reckless homicide. He was taken into custody at the scene without incident.
Investigators said Lehrke lived in the same building as a friend of the suspect. They said Lehrke and the friend were fighting outside the building when the suspect stepped in and stabbed Lehrke.
Officers said alcohol may have played a role in the overall altercation.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement