SHEBOYGAN, Wis. - Sheboygan police have released more information about a weekend stabbing that left a 41-year-old man dead.
Police identified the victim Monday as Nicholas J. Lehrke. Officers who responded to a disturbance Saturday afternoon said Lehrke was stabbed in the back. He was taken to a hospital, where he died.
Police arrested a 21-year-old Oshkosh man on suspicion of second-degree reckless homicide. He was taken into custody at the scene without incident.
Investigators said Lehrke lived in the same building as a friend of the suspect. They said Lehrke and the friend were fighting outside the building when the suspect stepped in and stabbed Lehrke.
Officers said alcohol may have played a role in the overall altercation.
- No injuries reported in burst of afternoon gunfire in residential neighborhood
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'