SHEBOYGAN, Wis. - Coca-Cola plans to close its Sheboygan production plant by the end of March, putting about 40 people out of work.
The Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development announced the closing Wednesday.
According to a letter from Coca-Cola Refreshments USA Inc., the company is offering workers a severance package.
The positions being eliminated include merchandisers, drivers and managers.
No reason was given for the closing. The Sheboygan Press reported Coca-Cola officials could not be reached for comment.
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks