SHEBOYGAN, Wis. - Coca-Cola plans to close its Sheboygan production plant by the end of March, putting about 40 people out of work.
The Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development announced the closing Wednesday.
According to a letter from Coca-Cola Refreshments USA Inc., the company is offering workers a severance package.
The positions being eliminated include merchandisers, drivers and managers.
No reason was given for the closing. The Sheboygan Press reported Coca-Cola officials could not be reached for comment.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend