SHEBOYGAN, Wis. - Coca-Cola plans to close its Sheboygan production plant by the end of March, putting about 40 people out of work.
The Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development announced the closing Wednesday.
According to a letter from Coca-Cola Refreshments USA Inc., the company is offering workers a severance package.
The positions being eliminated include merchandisers, drivers and managers.
No reason was given for the closing. The Sheboygan Press reported Coca-Cola officials could not be reached for comment.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK