MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a sex offender who they were searching for has been taken into custody.
Madison police said Tuesday evening that John Curry, 42, has been taken into custody.
Police said Curry left his Odana Road halfway house on Feb. 1 and was no longer wearing his GPS bracelet.
Curry was convicted of second-degree sexual assault of a child in 1994.
Madison police, U.S. Marshals and the Department of Corrections were involved in the search.
- Girl awarded for homeless birthday program
- Woman jumps from balcony to escape fire
- Video captures man stuffing puppies into drain
- Baldwin, other senators seek assurances from Trump pick for EPA
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison