MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a sex offender who they were searching for has been taken into custody.
Madison police said Tuesday evening that John Curry, 42, has been taken into custody.
Police said Curry left his Odana Road halfway house on Feb. 1 and was no longer wearing his GPS bracelet.
Curry was convicted of second-degree sexual assault of a child in 1994.
Madison police, U.S. Marshals and the Department of Corrections were involved in the search.
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash