MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a sex offender who they were searching for has been taken into custody.
Madison police said Tuesday evening that John Curry, 42, has been taken into custody.
Police said Curry left his Odana Road halfway house on Feb. 1 and was no longer wearing his GPS bracelet.
Curry was convicted of second-degree sexual assault of a child in 1994.
Madison police, U.S. Marshals and the Department of Corrections were involved in the search.
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Agriculture secretary to Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in state
- Food delivery drivers targeted in Madison robberies, police say
- Fire marshal called to 2 fires in Jefferson County
- Witness: Man points gun at kids playing basketball
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say