MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a sex offender who they were searching for has been taken into custody.
Madison police said Tuesday evening that John Curry, 42, has been taken into custody.
Police said Curry left his Odana Road halfway house on Feb. 1 and was no longer wearing his GPS bracelet.
Curry was convicted of second-degree sexual assault of a child in 1994.
Madison police, U.S. Marshals and the Department of Corrections were involved in the search.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire