WATERLOO, Iowa - A convicted sex offender from Waterloo who fled probation in 2008 and abused a child in Wisconsin is back in Iowa to face charges.
The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reported that Anthony Sanders was convicted of lascivious acts with a child in December 2008 in Waterloo and placed on probation. But police say he removed his tracking device and disappeared.
Later that month, he was arrested in Janesville, Wis., for abusing a 13-year-old. He pleaded guilty to sexual assault of a child and was sentenced to four years in prison.
On Wednesday, authorities brought Sanders back to Waterloo after he had completed his Wisconsin sentence. He's charged with theft for taking the tracking device, fleeing authorities, and failing to register as a sex offender. He is being held without bond.
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom
- Madison police find bullet in apartment on Russett Road
- Madison police investigate shots fired, crash
- Madison police investigating armed robbery at Oakcrest Tavern
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam