MADISON, Wis. - Railroad Street will be closed at South Blair Street through November as crews set up sanitary sewer bypass pipes down the center of East Main Street, according to a release.
Construction crews will set up pipes on Thursday down East Main Street from South Blair Street to South Ingersoll Street in order to line the existing underground sanitary sewer, officials said.
Parking will not be allowed on East Main Street, according to the release.
The project is expected to last until about Nov. 16, officials said.
Traffic will have access to all driveways on Railroad Street by using South Blount Street and Railroad Street, according to the release.
Officials said traffic will be able to cross the bypass sewer line, which will be on the surface of the street, but left turns will not be allowed over the bypass sewer line.
- Man accused of assaulting woman at group home says he wasn't in control of his 'faculties'
- Police looking for driver in hit-and-run horse and buggy incident
- Volunteers get together to carve 500 pumpkins for Halloween event
- $5K reward offered in Cross Plains gun store burglary case
- Man charged in Wisconsin bicyclist hit-and-run death
- Milwaukee priest pleads guilty in child-touching case