MADISON, Wis. - Severe storms are expected in southern Wisconsin Monday evening and overnight, according to the News 3 Weather Center.
Meteorologist Haddie McLean said the latest severe weather outlook shows a moderate risk for severe weather across the northern half of Iowa, southern Minnesota, and far southwestern Wisconsin. The rest of southern Wisconsin is under a slight risk of severe weather.
She expects thunderstorms to move into southwestern Wisconsin late Monday night and move across the region overnight.
The main threat for southern Wisconsin will be damaging winds, but tornadoes cannot be ruled out. The thunderstorms should diminish Tuesday morning.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls