MADISON, Wis. - Several small livestock died in a barn fire Sunday night. The Dane County Sheriff's Office Deputies received a call around 5:50 p.m. of a barn fire on the 5600 block of Box Elder Road, in the Town of Medina.
Dane County, along with Marshall, Burke, Deerfield, Cambridge, Waterloo, Lake Mills and Sun Prairie fire departments responded to the call from a neighbor. When crews arrived, the barn was fully engulfed in flames.
Fire crews were able to contain the fire within a short period of time. The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical malfunction on a skid loader. The machine was parked inside of the barn.
No people were hurt, however several small animals died.
The barn is considered a total loss estimated at $250,000.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets