MADISON, Wis. - Several small livestock died in a barn fire Sunday night. The Dane County Sheriff's Office Deputies received a call around 5:50 p.m. of a barn fire on the 5600 block of Box Elder Road, in the Town of Medina.
Dane County, along with Marshall, Burke, Deerfield, Cambridge, Waterloo, Lake Mills and Sun Prairie fire departments responded to the call from a neighbor. When crews arrived, the barn was fully engulfed in flames.
Fire crews were able to contain the fire within a short period of time. The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical malfunction on a skid loader. The machine was parked inside of the barn.
No people were hurt, however several small animals died.
The barn is considered a total loss estimated at $250,000.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral