MADISON, Wis. - Several small livestock died in a barn fire Sunday night. The Dane County Sheriff's Office Deputies received a call around 5:50 p.m. of a barn fire on the 5600 block of Box Elder Road, in the Town of Medina.
Dane County, along with Marshall, Burke, Deerfield, Cambridge, Waterloo, Lake Mills and Sun Prairie fire departments responded to the call from a neighbor. When crews arrived, the barn was fully engulfed in flames.
Fire crews were able to contain the fire within a short period of time. The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical malfunction on a skid loader. The machine was parked inside of the barn.
No people were hurt, however several small animals died.
The barn is considered a total loss estimated at $250,000.
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them