OSHKOSH, Wis. - Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson has been named to Senate committees dealing with the budget, foreign relations and small business.
Johnson came to Congress in 2010 after running on his credentials as a small-business man. The Republican and fiscal conservative ran a plastics-packaging company in Oshkosh.
He'll share two committee assignments with his new Wisconsin colleague, incoming Democratic Sen. Tammy Baldwin. Both will be on the Senate Budget Committee and the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs.
Johnson will also be on three other committees: foreign relations; small business and entrepreneurship; and commerce, science and transportation.
Johnson said he came to Washington out of concern for the government's excessive size and scope. He said he's pleased that his committee assignments will help him focus on reining in Washington's overreach.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says