MILWAUKEE - Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson is planning to launch a series of videos featuring people who he says have been harmed by government intrusion or red tape.
The first-term Republican told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel he was looking for a way to help the public understand the dangers of a growing, abusive government.
The lone video posted so far describes an Illinois landowner's dispute with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Senate staff assembled the video and Johnson narrates it.
He said showing people real faces behind the harm government can cause resonates with the public.
Johnson asks people to contact him with other stories for his Victims of Government series.
He said neither he nor the video is anti-government. He said what he opposes is large government.
- Majority of Superior shipyard workers test positive for lead
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out