MILWAUKEE - Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson is planning to launch a series of videos featuring people who he says have been harmed by government intrusion or red tape.
The first-term Republican told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel he was looking for a way to help the public understand the dangers of a growing, abusive government.
The lone video posted so far describes an Illinois landowner's dispute with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Senate staff assembled the video and Johnson narrates it.
He said showing people real faces behind the harm government can cause resonates with the public.
Johnson asks people to contact him with other stories for his Victims of Government series.
He said neither he nor the video is anti-government. He said what he opposes is large government.
- Girl awarded for homeless birthday program
- Woman jumps from balcony to escape fire
- Video captures man stuffing puppies into drain
- Baldwin, other senators seek assurances from Trump pick for EPA
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison