MADISON, Wis. - The Seminole Highway Bridge over the Beltline Highway reopened Thursday night.
A ribbon cutting was held at 9 p.m. with the Dunn's Marsh Neighborhood Association, Wisconsin Department of Transportation and the cities of Madison and Fitchburg.
Residents who want to be among the first to drive across the new bridge were asked to park either on the north side of the bridge of Warwick Way or on the south side of the bridge along the westbound Beltline Frontage road.
The bridge had been closed since August to raise the bridge 2 feet ahead of a Verona Road project next year.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart