MADISON, Wis. - The Seminole Highway Bridge over the Beltline Highway reopened Thursday night.
A ribbon cutting was held at 9 p.m. with the Dunn's Marsh Neighborhood Association, Wisconsin Department of Transportation and the cities of Madison and Fitchburg.
Residents who want to be among the first to drive across the new bridge were asked to park either on the north side of the bridge of Warwick Way or on the south side of the bridge along the westbound Beltline Frontage road.
The bridge had been closed since August to raise the bridge 2 feet ahead of a Verona Road project next year.
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion