MOUNT CALVARY, Wis. - A priest who led St. Lawrence Seminary High School in Mount Calvary has been removed from public ministry over allegations of sexual abuse more than 25 years ago in Montana.
The Rev. Dennis Druggan had been on administrative leave since the first complaint in July. The Capuchin Province of St. Joseph said a second complainant later came forward.
The order said it found sufficient evidence to sustain the allegations, so it removed Druggan as rector and president of St. Lawrence Seminary, and barred him from public ministry. The order said he'll be encouraged to live a life of prayer and penance in a suitable friary.
The Fond du Lac Reporter said no allegations have surfaced involving his time at the Wisconsin school.
Druggan does not have a listed phone number.
- UW study using video games to help smokers quit
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors
- Papermaker agrees to complete Fox River cleanup
- Wine-and-tapas bar, gastropub open in Dane County airport
- Search of lake for human remains from plane crash ends
- Teenager 'going crazy with a knife' arrested