TOWN OF CROSS PLAINS, Wis. - A crash involving a semi-trailer and a car closed down southbound County Highway P in the town of Cross Plains on Thursday afternoon.
Dane County sheriff's deputies responded at about 12:13 p.m. to the crash on County Highway P near Hidden Valley Road.
Sheriff's officials said a semi-trailer driven by a 46-year-old La Crosse man was delivering food to the Hilltop Inn and was attempting to back into the parking lot from the southbound lane of County Highway P.
A Pontiac Grand Prix driven by Dusty M. Sippola, 19, of Mazomanie, was traveling south on County Highway P and was going to pass the semi in the north lane of the highway, according to a Dane County Sheriff's Office news release.
As Sippola began to pass, he saw another vehicle coming from the north and returned to his lane but was unable to stop before hitting the semi head-on, sheriff's officials said.
Sippola suffered only minor injuries, and the semi driver wasn't injured, according to the release.
Southbound County Highway P was closed for just over an hour following the crash.
Sheriff's officials said citations are pending.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs