TOWNSHIP OF BROCKWAY, Wis. - No injuries are reported, but a semi trailer is a total loss after a fire in the Township of Brockway in Jackson County.
According to the Black River Falls Fire Department, firefighters responded to a call of a semi fire on Interstate 94 at mile post 118 at around 9:30 Monday night.
The semi tractor was fully engulfed when firefighters arrived. Fire had also extended into the semi trailer, which was full of sea food.
Both westbound lanes of I-94 in the area were closed for nearly an hour as crews worked to put the fire out.
The driver, from Medford, wasn't hurt, but the sea food cargo is a total loss. The Wisconsin Department of Agriculture Food Inspectors has been told about the fire. There is no damage estimate at this time.
The semi was owned by a company out of Bonduel, Wisconsin.
Crews from the Black River Falls Fire Department, Wisconsin State Patrol, and the Jackson County Sheriff's Department helped at the scene of the fire.
The cause is under investigation.
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn