TOWNSHIP OF GENOA, Wis. - The Vernon County Sheriff's Department is investigating a crash on Highway 35 near Meadow Lane in the Township of Genoa.
According to a press release, 64 year old James Grobrecht of Belmont was driving a semi southbound on Highway 35 around 6:30 p.m. Thursday. He lost control of the semi on icy roads, and the semi overturned into the Genoa Fish Hatchery pond. Grobrecht was able to climb out of the semi with help from a deputy on scene, as well as firefighters with the Genoa Fire Department. He suffered minor injuries.
The semi was fully loaded and it took several hours for wreckers to get it out of the pond.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Department, Genoa Fire Department, Genoa First Responders, Tri-State Ambulance, and the Wisconsin State Patrol were all at the scene.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash