MADISON, Wis. - A semi driver lost control of his tractor-trailer and crashed while traveling westbound on Highway 33 in Horicon on Tuesday morning, tying up traffic for nearly seven hours.
The Iowa-based driver was transported to Beaver Dam Community Hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
The semi and its trailer took crews several hours to safely remove, causing traffic in Horicon to be detoured and hundreds of drivers left wondering which way to go, according to a Horicon Police Department news release.
"It was a blessing that nobody else was in the semi and that the driver was not injured more seriously," said Horicon Police Chief Joseph Adamson in the news release.
The Horicon Police, Fire and EMS were assisted by the Dodge County Sheriff's Department, the Dodge County Emergency Management Department, the Dodge County Emergency Response Team, and the Wisconsin State Patrol.
- Stoughton man critical after rollover crash
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- One injured after stabbing in Madison
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Missing Marathon County man found safe
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'