MADISON, Wis. - A semi driver lost control of his tractor-trailer and crashed while traveling westbound on Highway 33 in Horicon on Tuesday morning, tying up traffic for nearly seven hours.
The Iowa-based driver was transported to Beaver Dam Community Hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
The semi and its trailer took crews several hours to safely remove, causing traffic in Horicon to be detoured and hundreds of drivers left wondering which way to go, according to a Horicon Police Department news release.
"It was a blessing that nobody else was in the semi and that the driver was not injured more seriously," said Horicon Police Chief Joseph Adamson in the news release.
The Horicon Police, Fire and EMS were assisted by the Dodge County Sheriff's Department, the Dodge County Emergency Management Department, the Dodge County Emergency Response Team, and the Wisconsin State Patrol.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns