MADISON, Wis. - Three teens were arrested after a security officer was beaten at East Towne Mall Wednesday, according to Madison police.
Officers are dispatched to the mall at 5:35 p.m. for a report of a battery to a security officer.
The 20-year-old security officer told police he tried to make contact with a 16-year-old girl who had been previously banned from the mall, but he was cut off by a car.
Police said the car was driven by Aquille Trey Lavelle Lowe, 18, of Madison, who also verbally attacked the security officer and punched him in the face three times.
All those involved fled and police said they were able to capture Lowe and a 16-year-old boy and girl. Police believe they know who a fourth suspect is.
Stolen merchandise from stores in the mall was also recovered, according to police.
Lowe was arrested on suspicion of battery and disorderly conduct. The 16-year-old girl was arrested on suspicion of retail theft and trespassing. The 16-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct, obstructing an officer and on warrants.
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police
- Victim tells police man who stabbed him frequently ‘mooches' from him
- Remains of 3 Ohio plane crash victims identified
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates