MADISON, Wis. - Three teens were arrested after a security officer was beaten at East Towne Mall Wednesday, according to Madison police.
Officers are dispatched to the mall at 5:35 p.m. for a report of a battery to a security officer.
The 20-year-old security officer told police he tried to make contact with a 16-year-old girl who had been previously banned from the mall, but he was cut off by a car.
Police said the car was driven by Aquille Trey Lavelle Lowe, 18, of Madison, who also verbally attacked the security officer and punched him in the face three times.
All those involved fled and police said they were able to capture Lowe and a 16-year-old boy and girl. Police believe they know who a fourth suspect is.
Stolen merchandise from stores in the mall was also recovered, according to police.
Lowe was arrested on suspicion of battery and disorderly conduct. The 16-year-old girl was arrested on suspicion of retail theft and trespassing. The 16-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct, obstructing an officer and on warrants.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns