MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said one teen was arrested Saturday after a security guard caught him breaking into cars at East Towne Mall.
Police said the incident happened just before 4:30 p.m. Saturday in the parking lot of the mall.
According to police, the security guard detained one of two teens after watching him check unlocked car doors in the parking lot of the mall. The guard told police the 15-year-old had gotten inside an SUV while the other acted as a lookout.
Police said after being chased down by the security guard, the arrested teen tossed items he had taken from the SUV: condoms and cash. Police said his accomplice ran from the area and hasn't been identified.
Police described the teen sought in connection with the thefts as 15 or 16 years old, Asian or Hispanic, 5 feet, 4 inches tall weighing 130 pounds. He had a slender build and slicked back or shaved hair with short ponytail, according to the report.
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap