MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said one teen was arrested Saturday after a security guard caught him breaking into cars at East Towne Mall.
Police said the incident happened just before 4:30 p.m. Saturday in the parking lot of the mall.
According to police, the security guard detained one of two teens after watching him check unlocked car doors in the parking lot of the mall. The guard told police the 15-year-old had gotten inside an SUV while the other acted as a lookout.
Police said after being chased down by the security guard, the arrested teen tossed items he had taken from the SUV: condoms and cash. Police said his accomplice ran from the area and hasn't been identified.
Police described the teen sought in connection with the thefts as 15 or 16 years old, Asian or Hispanic, 5 feet, 4 inches tall weighing 130 pounds. He had a slender build and slicked back or shaved hair with short ponytail, according to the report.
- Prisons chief tells lawmaker youth facility is safe
- Man with facial injuries claims he was attacked by 3 men
- 3 new retailers coming to West Towne
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash involving school bus
- Clyde Stubblefield to get posthumous UW honorary degree
- Snow could return after record high temps