LA CROSSE, Wis. - A second Republican has thrown his hat into the ring for Ron Kind's congressional seat.
Chris Anderson is an Eau Claire area native and running to represent Wisconsin in the House.
Anderson is an army veteran who was part of a team scouting for IED's in Afghanistan.
Since coming home, he's worked for Senator Ron Johnson's office.
Anderson says the biggest issues facing our area now are repealing or reforming Obamacare, and continuing economic recovery. "There have been a number of economic recovery plans put out by different states throughout the U.S. that have proven to work. Congressman Kind and a lot of people in Congress continue to ignore that."
Ken Van Doren declared his candidacy back in January. The two will face off in the fall primary in August.
- Janesville police take extra precautions after fentanyl found in area
- Forged letter criticizes local police chief
- DNR determines several factors led to Janesville fish kill
- Memorial Day travel expected to hit highest rate since 2005
- Police have identified hit-and-run driver
- Forged letter criticzes local police chief