LA CROSSE, Wis. - A second Republican has thrown his hat into the ring for Ron Kind's congressional seat.
Chris Anderson is an Eau Claire area native and running to represent Wisconsin in the House.
Anderson is an army veteran who was part of a team scouting for IED's in Afghanistan.
Since coming home, he's worked for Senator Ron Johnson's office.
Anderson says the biggest issues facing our area now are repealing or reforming Obamacare, and continuing economic recovery. "There have been a number of economic recovery plans put out by different states throughout the U.S. that have proven to work. Congressman Kind and a lot of people in Congress continue to ignore that."
Ken Van Doren declared his candidacy back in January. The two will face off in the fall primary in August.
- DHS: Wisconsinites hit hard by flu bug this year
- Powerball jackpot hits more than $403 million
- Woman parks in downtown Madison, returns to find car on fire
- Officials: Impaired driver struck multiple cars, arrested for 4th OWI
- Kentucky shooting suspect thought to be headed to Wis. now in custody
- GOP leader Fitzgerald introduces bill to relax well regulations