LA CROSSE, Wis. - A second Republican has thrown his hat into the ring for Ron Kind's congressional seat.
Chris Anderson is an Eau Claire area native and running to represent Wisconsin in the House.
Anderson is an army veteran who was part of a team scouting for IED's in Afghanistan.
Since coming home, he's worked for Senator Ron Johnson's office.
Anderson says the biggest issues facing our area now are repealing or reforming Obamacare, and continuing economic recovery. "There have been a number of economic recovery plans put out by different states throughout the U.S. that have proven to work. Congressman Kind and a lot of people in Congress continue to ignore that."
Ken Van Doren declared his candidacy back in January. The two will face off in the fall primary in August.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire