TOWN OF WYOCENA, Wis. - A Pardeeville man died in a two-vehicle crash on Highway P Thursday afternoon in Columbia County, and a woman died later from her injuries, officials said.
Columbia County sheriff's deputies responded to reports of a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of Highway P and Pardeeville Road in the town of Wyocena around 2:45 p.m. Thursday, according to a release.
Investigators said a 2005 GMC Canyon pickup truck was attempting to make a left-hand turn from Pardeeville Road onto Highway P when the truck turned into the path of a 2008 Chrysler Town & County minivan that was traveling east on Highway P.
The driver of the truck, Eldon W. Glick, 84, was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the release. His wife, Le Veta P. Glick, was a passenger in the car. She was transported by Med Flight to University of Wisconsin Hospital and later died from her injuries.
A 38-year-old woman from Friesland was driving the minivan and sustained non-life-threatening injuries, officials said. She was the only person in the minivan.
All people in both vehicles were wearing seat belts, and airbags deployed in both vehicles, according to the release. Alcohol and speed do not appear to be factors in the crash.
The crash remains under investigation.Pardeeville Road at Highawy P, town of Wyocena
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike