WAUSAU, Wis. - A second child has died as a result of a single-vehicle rollover in Marathon County.
The Daily Herald Media reports the county sheriff's department announced the death at about 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
The child died at a Marshfield hospital, where the victim had been in critical condition since the Friday crash.
The sports utility vehicle, which was carrying 10 young people, rolled over about 12 miles northeast of Wausau. Another child died at the scene. Three other victims remained hospitalized.
Sarah Martinez-Ramirez, of Wausau, says her 17-year-old son, Shaquille Holzem, was injured in the crash. She says the group was driving to a park to picnic and swim.
Martinez-Ramirez says said her son is traumatized.
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue