WAUSAU, Wis. - A second child has died as a result of a single-vehicle rollover in Marathon County.
The Daily Herald Media reports the county sheriff's department announced the death at about 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
The child died at a Marshfield hospital, where the victim had been in critical condition since the Friday crash.
The sports utility vehicle, which was carrying 10 young people, rolled over about 12 miles northeast of Wausau. Another child died at the scene. Three other victims remained hospitalized.
Sarah Martinez-Ramirez, of Wausau, says her 17-year-old son, Shaquille Holzem, was injured in the crash. She says the group was driving to a park to picnic and swim.
Martinez-Ramirez says said her son is traumatized.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash