TOWN OF NAMAKOGAN, Wis. - Authorities have recovered the body of a Cottage Grove, Wis., man who drowned in Lake Namakagon in northwestern Wisconsin.
Searchers found the body of Gerald Buss in about 10 feet of water around 12:15 p.m. Sunday on the third day of the search.
The Bayfield County Sheriff's Office says the accident was reported about 3:30 p.m. Friday. Buss and a friend were fishing when he fell into Lake Namakagon.
A seat cushion was thrown to Buss but he was unable to maintain his grip on it and went under. He was not wearing a life jacket. His friend immediately signaled other fishermen and called 911.
The Bayfield County Coroner ruled the death to be an accidental cold water drowning.
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap