TOWN OF NAMAKOGAN, Wis. - Authorities have recovered the body of a Cottage Grove, Wis., man who drowned in Lake Namakagon in northwestern Wisconsin.
Searchers found the body of Gerald Buss in about 10 feet of water around 12:15 p.m. Sunday on the third day of the search.
The Bayfield County Sheriff's Office says the accident was reported about 3:30 p.m. Friday. Buss and a friend were fishing when he fell into Lake Namakagon.
A seat cushion was thrown to Buss but he was unable to maintain his grip on it and went under. He was not wearing a life jacket. His friend immediately signaled other fishermen and called 911.
The Bayfield County Coroner ruled the death to be an accidental cold water drowning.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend