TOWN OF NAMAKOGAN, Wis. - Authorities have recovered the body of a Cottage Grove, Wis., man who drowned in Lake Namakagon in northwestern Wisconsin.
Searchers found the body of Gerald Buss in about 10 feet of water around 12:15 p.m. Sunday on the third day of the search.
The Bayfield County Sheriff's Office says the accident was reported about 3:30 p.m. Friday. Buss and a friend were fishing when he fell into Lake Namakagon.
A seat cushion was thrown to Buss but he was unable to maintain his grip on it and went under. He was not wearing a life jacket. His friend immediately signaled other fishermen and called 911.
The Bayfield County Coroner ruled the death to be an accidental cold water drowning.
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Milwaukee-bound man removed from flight for using bathroom before takeoff