SUPERIOR, Wis. - Superior police are searching for a snowmobiler who has been missing since Saturday.
Police said 51-year-old Craig Friebe was last seen riding his snowmobile on St. Louis Bay in Superior. He told his friends early that day that he was going to ride on the bay and the Nemadji River.
Authorities spent all day Sunday looking for Friebe, but suspended their search at nightfall. They'll continue looking for Friebe again Monday morning.
Friebe went missing as the coldest temperatures of the season are settling across the region. Low temperatures in Superior are expected to dip well below zero Sunday night, and wind chills could see a dangerously low 35 degrees below zero.
Anyone who knows Friebe's whereabouts is asked to call Douglas County authorities at (715)394-4432.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes