SUPERIOR, Wis. - Superior police are searching for a snowmobiler who has been missing since Saturday.
Police said 51-year-old Craig Friebe was last seen riding his snowmobile on St. Louis Bay in Superior. He told his friends early that day that he was going to ride on the bay and the Nemadji River.
Authorities spent all day Sunday looking for Friebe, but suspended their search at nightfall. They'll continue looking for Friebe again Monday morning.
Friebe went missing as the coldest temperatures of the season are settling across the region. Low temperatures in Superior are expected to dip well below zero Sunday night, and wind chills could see a dangerously low 35 degrees below zero.
Anyone who knows Friebe's whereabouts is asked to call Douglas County authorities at (715)394-4432.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say