MADISON, Wis. - A search for two missing canoeists has resumed on the Chippewa River in Eau Claire.
Crews were back on the river Wednesday looking for two men whose canoe capsized Tuesday afternoon.
An Eau Claire police spokesman said searchers have not been able to find the two men, believed to be about 20 years old, or their canoe.
Police have received no missing person reports and have not been able to identify the missing canoeists.
A kayaker spotted the two hanging on to their canoe and tried to throw them a rope. The kayaker ended up flipping his boat and swam to shore.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need