MADISON, Wis. - A search for two missing canoeists has resumed on the Chippewa River in Eau Claire.
Crews were back on the river Wednesday looking for two men whose canoe capsized Tuesday afternoon.
An Eau Claire police spokesman said searchers have not been able to find the two men, believed to be about 20 years old, or their canoe.
Police have received no missing person reports and have not been able to identify the missing canoeists.
A kayaker spotted the two hanging on to their canoe and tried to throw them a rope. The kayaker ended up flipping his boat and swam to shore.
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet
- Attempt to drill into SUV gas tank ignites fuel, MFD says
- New Glarus man stopped for expired vehicle registration faces 6th OWI
- Man robbed at gunpoint in parking lot, police say
- Bicyclist injured in collision with Buick, fire officials say
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing