WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. - Authorities in central Wisconsin are turning to the public for help in locating a specially trained law enforcement dog.
Sheriff's deputies from Wood and Portage counties searched throughout the night Sunday for the German shepherd named Toro. Authorities said the dog was helping a State Patrol trooper search a vehicle for drugs in Portage County Sunday night when Toro ran into a wooded area and disappeared.
Officials said the dog is not considered dangerous unless provoked.
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday