WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. - Authorities in central Wisconsin are turning to the public for help in locating a specially trained law enforcement dog.
Sheriff's deputies from Wood and Portage counties searched throughout the night Sunday for the German shepherd named Toro. Authorities said the dog was helping a State Patrol trooper search a vehicle for drugs in Portage County Sunday night when Toro ran into a wooded area and disappeared.
Officials said the dog is not considered dangerous unless provoked.
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash