WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. - Authorities in central Wisconsin are turning to the public for help in locating a specially trained law enforcement dog.
Sheriff's deputies from Wood and Portage counties searched throughout the night Sunday for the German shepherd named Toro. Authorities said the dog was helping a State Patrol trooper search a vehicle for drugs in Portage County Sunday night when Toro ran into a wooded area and disappeared.
Officials said the dog is not considered dangerous unless provoked.
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case