WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. - Authorities in central Wisconsin are turning to the public for help in locating a specially trained law enforcement dog.
Sheriff's deputies from Wood and Portage counties searched throughout the night Sunday for the German shepherd named Toro. Authorities said the dog was helping a State Patrol trooper search a vehicle for drugs in Portage County Sunday night when Toro ran into a wooded area and disappeared.
Officials said the dog is not considered dangerous unless provoked.
- State at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- 15-year-old girl shot with BB gun at Elver Park
- Missing girl found in Fort Atkinson man's home; man faces federal kidnapping charges
- 2 seen fleeing scene of gunfire, crash, police say
- Prosecutor: Deputy was justified in shooting
- Man beaten, robbed outside apartment, police say