MINNEAPOLIS - More than 300 people joined the search for an Eden Prairie woman who has been missing for 11 days -- including the family of another Minnesota woman whose body was found last week.
Family members of Kira Steger came from Wisconsin to help in the search for Mandy Matula. Steger's father, Jay Steger, said the family wants to "pay it forward" and help bring Matula home.
The 24-year-old Matula was last seen with David Roe. When police asked Roe to come in for questioning, he shot himself in the head in the police parking lot. He later died.
Police have since determined he had Matula's blood on his jacket.
Eden Prairie police are coordinating with St. Louis and Stearns counties to search areas of the Mississippi River.
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land
- Victims chase suspected burglars with shovel
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call