MINNEAPOLIS - More than 300 people joined the search for an Eden Prairie woman who has been missing for 11 days -- including the family of another Minnesota woman whose body was found last week.
Family members of Kira Steger came from Wisconsin to help in the search for Mandy Matula. Steger's father, Jay Steger, said the family wants to "pay it forward" and help bring Matula home.
The 24-year-old Matula was last seen with David Roe. When police asked Roe to come in for questioning, he shot himself in the head in the police parking lot. He later died.
Police have since determined he had Matula's blood on his jacket.
Eden Prairie police are coordinating with St. Louis and Stearns counties to search areas of the Mississippi River.
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday