MADISON, Wis. - A search committee has been created to find the next president of the University of Wisconsin System.
Board of Regents President Michael Falbo on Friday appointed the 18-member search committee to find a successor to Kevin Reilly. He is leaving his position in January.
The committee will be chaired by Regina Millner, who is vice president of the Board of Regents. Five current regents, three former regents and others from across the UW System will be on the panel.
The committee is expected to recommend five finalists for consideration to a special Board of Regents Committee, which will then forward the name of the recommended candidate to the full board.
The search committee's first meeting is scheduled for Sept. 6.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls