MADISON, Wis. - A search committee has been created to find the next president of the University of Wisconsin System.
Board of Regents President Michael Falbo on Friday appointed the 18-member search committee to find a successor to Kevin Reilly. He is leaving his position in January.
The committee will be chaired by Regina Millner, who is vice president of the Board of Regents. Five current regents, three former regents and others from across the UW System will be on the panel.
The committee is expected to recommend five finalists for consideration to a special Board of Regents Committee, which will then forward the name of the recommended candidate to the full board.
The search committee's first meeting is scheduled for Sept. 6.
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday