MADISON, Wis. - Thieves caused more than $100,000 damage to a vacant building in Madison when they harvested scrap metal from the building, according to a release from Madison police.
The manager of the building at 1002 E. Washington Ave. told police he discovered someone had gotten onto the roof. The building was once the Madison Dairy Produce facility and is owned by a Minnesota company.
Small air-conditioning and heating units were taken from the roof and larger units were broken open and stripped of valuable metals, such as copper.
- Good Samaritan stops possible abduction on near east side
- Man suspected in shooting spree identified
- La Crosse teen saves choking friend
- A look at 4 victims of northern Wisconsin shootings
- CrossFit Games qualifying rounds give Madison taste of championships
- Police chief: Crime in Janesville continues to decrease, heroin remains a problem