VERONA, Wis. - A letter went home Wednesday to parents of Savanna Oaks Middle School students, apologizing after a mix-up in the cafeteria.
The superintendent said while servers were preparing pans of marinara sauce for lunch Wednesday, glass cleaner was used instead of non-stick cooking spray.
First- through fourth-graders, along with sixth-graders, may have been exposed.
The school contacted Poison Control, which said it was unlikely the trace amounts that may have been eaten by students would cause problems, and if there were problems, students would have had symptoms within an hour.
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter