MADISON, Wis. - A fire at a Madison elementary school early Thursday morning caused substantial damage to playground equipment, according to Madison police.
Police and firefighters were called to Randall Elementary School at 1802 Regent St. at 12:30 a.m. after a citizen called 911.
Police said shredded tire chips helped the fire spread. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Madison Area Crime Stoppers.
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two