MADISON, Wis. - A fire at a Madison elementary school early Thursday morning caused substantial damage to playground equipment, according to Madison police.
Police and firefighters were called to Randall Elementary School at 1802 Regent St. at 12:30 a.m. after a citizen called 911.
Police said shredded tire chips helped the fire spread. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Madison Area Crime Stoppers.
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin