MADISON, Wis. - A fire at a Madison elementary school early Thursday morning caused substantial damage to playground equipment, according to Madison police.
Police and firefighters were called to Randall Elementary School at 1802 Regent St. at 12:30 a.m. after a citizen called 911.
Police said shredded tire chips helped the fire spread. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Madison Area Crime Stoppers.
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed