MADISON, Wis. - A fire at a Madison elementary school early Thursday morning caused substantial damage to playground equipment, according to Madison police.
Police and firefighters were called to Randall Elementary School at 1802 Regent St. at 12:30 a.m. after a citizen called 911.
Police said shredded tire chips helped the fire spread. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Madison Area Crime Stoppers.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire