ADAMS, Wis. - State health officials are investigating a rash that has sent children and staff from an elementary school home.
Officials at Adams-Friendship Elementary said students first started to show symptoms Friday with four students reporting itchy skin, hives and some had nausea and headaches.
The school started scrubbing walls and desks and dusting over the weekend.
They even checked the heating system, but more students had irritated skin on Monday. Another 12 students and several staff members had the same problems on Tuesday.
District officials say they are working with the Adams County Health Department and state officials to determine what's causing the symptoms.
They said out of the 500 students, a very small number have been impacted, but they will continue looking for a cause.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land